Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bell pepper pancake (or does it look more like a patty?)

My heart sank when I lifted my bell pepper pancakes from the wok.  (It was not that I didn't learn my lesson about using traditional woks to make pancakes.  I couldn't find a decent pan in my kitchen, oops.)  My first thought flashed across my mind, "Walau, is this a pancake or PATTY?!?!"

I think the picture showed what was the obvious.  This was supposed to be a blog propagating semi-raw veganism, not encouraging fake meat production!  Admittedly, the taste of these (erm) patties was decent.  I wouldn't say they were fantastic though the spirit of adventure in the kitchen was commendable.  To meat-lovers, they may not like the crunch of vegetables in their patties.  For me, however, I was ecstatic that I was able to savour the juice bursting from bell peppers when I took my first bite.  Seeing green in my patties was another redeeming factor.  At least my grated zucchinis weren't burnt!

Ingredients
  • Half a zucchini, grated
  • Half a red bell pepper
  • Half a yellow bell pepper
  • Minced garlic cloves
  • Buckwheat flour
  • 1 egg replacer
  • Water
Mix the last three ingredients together to form a batter, before adding the vegetables in.  Better take my instruction with a pinch of salt.  It is better that you play around with the ingredients of your own pancake batter though, since my culinary experiment was a semi-failure!

No comments:

Post a Comment